Friday 18 January 2013


MY TWO WONDERFUL DAUGHTERS
Janelle on the left ~ Marcia on the right





First and foremost I wish all my followers and friends a wonderful 2013, and may all your dreams
come true #blessings.  I am so pleased I'm beginning a new year, as 2012 was the most difficult and trying year I have yet experienced. Having been too ill to write on my blog, as it was just too demanding; and at the same time I would not have been able to cope even if I had fiercely wanted to. Pain and tiredness was overwhelming, and the most important factor I had to focus on was my health. That too wasn't easy ~ but I'm still here and trying to do my best. It takes guts.
Crohn's disease is not the most pleasant illness one can be dealt. It's hard work, a lot of medication, frequent hospitalizations, and very little assistance or understanding from those who are close to you, or some folk who simply don't understand....
Frequent dietary changes, sloppy foods, nights and days spent on the toilet...the list goes on...
Joint pain, muscle wasting, steroid use and its drastic side affects, fibromyalgia, bruising, iron infusions, copious amounts of minerals, then surgeries - and all the bowel resections that leave one undernourished. One may say the gut has the inability to cope with a short bowel and nutrition. Yes, my weight has dropped quite substantially. But we march on...
I have managed to come to twitter on a few occasions, however my stays were never of any lengthy duration so to speak, not like in times gone by whereby I was almost addicted. I surely missed it, and really missed all my friend's wonderful quotes and poetry. To you I say ~ I love you #3wordpoem....
Then, early December, when I thought my life was falling into shape just that wee bit better, only to be told that my baby girl had passed away. She was found asleep sitting up on her sofa...her house in order, the christmas cards all ready to be sent. Oh no...I fell to pieces and was in shock for several weeks..up till this day I am still waiting for closure; as the death was sudden and not suspicious, a Coronial Inquiry is still under way. I ask? Why? What? Marcia and I spoke on the phone almost on a daily basis, but for some peculiar reason we hadn't spoken for three days ~ I guess only God knows.
For the purpose of keeping the mind occupied I've now got a new garden with displays. I purchased a brand new lounge suite etc. and bought Coco my staffy a new collar. Perhaps just to spoil ourselves a little.
I guess that's enough for now.....
I'm really hoping to be a regular on twitter as soon as able. A small Haiku I wrote ~ 

Snapped by frozen ice / a deep wound beholds the soul / inseparable love was #haiku

 RIP my pink butterfly




2 comments:

Jeffrey Willius said...

It's good to see you back, Nora! I'll join you in wishing for a better 2013. Sounds like it wouldn't take much to make it so for you. I like the note of optimism I sense underlying your post. Wishing you many pleasant surprises...

Nora Boekelman said...

Thank you so much Jeffrey you're so kind. A difficult piece to write ~ but you picked the undertones so to speak...it's tough...May you have an awesome 2013 with lots of love and writings..